Warm Roasted Delicata Squash and Kale Salad
For the salad:
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 425F (220C).
- To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, a generous pinch of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper until combined and emulsified.
- To make the salad: Place the squash and red onion on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and black pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables into an even layer. Roast, carefully flipping halfway through, until tender and lightly caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the leaves for about1 minute or so until they feel less stiff. Whisk the vinaigrette once or twice more to ensure it’s emulsified, then drizzle about half of it over the kale and toss to coat.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, add them to the bowl with the kale. Drizzle in the remaining vinaigrette and toss gently to combine, being careful not to break up the tender squash. Add the ricotta salata and hazelnuts. Toss gently once more. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.