Turnip Carrot Cakes with Garlic Aioli
For Turnip Carrot Cakes
- In a large bowl, combine shredded turnips and carrots with salt, pepper, paprika, turmeric, egg and cornmeal or flour in a large bowl. Mix well and form palm size thin cakes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is heated add veggie patties and cook until brown and crispy on both sides, about 3-4 minutes a side.
- For aioli: Combine garlic, mayo, paprika and salt and pepper in a small blender or mixing bowl. Blend or mix until well combined and serve on side with veggie cake.
- Leftovers & Storage: These turnip carrot cakes are perfect to store! They can be made once and refrigerated for up to 5-6 days and frozen for up to a month (possibly longer, however they never make it that long in our house).
- Reheating: Reheat in microwave or over a pan on medium-low heat to cook thoroughly without burning.