Swiss Chard Tart with Leeks and Pecorino
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Pulse until the butter is pea sized. Add 3 tablespoons of ice water and pulse until the dough just comes together when squeezed, adding up to 3 more tablespoons of ice water if needed. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface (it will be crumbly) and shape into a fat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour, or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 13-inch round. Carefully transfer dough to a 10 or 11- inch tart pan with removable bottom and trim edges. Prick the bottom with a fork and store in the freezer while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet. Line the dough with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges are just lightly golden, 15- 20 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and continue baking until the crust is lightly golden all over, 15- 20 more minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, and slowly sauté until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally, 10- 15 minutes. Transfer leeks to a large bowl.
- In the same pan, add olive oil and raise heat to medium-high. Add Swiss chard, season with salt and pepper, and sauté 4-5 minutes until wilted and tender. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess liquid, finely chop, and add to bowl with leeks.
- Stir in parsley, cream, eggs, pecorino, a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread filling evenly into prepared tart shell and bake 25- 30 minutes, until filling is puffed and firm in the center.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.