Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto, Pears and Brie
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- Slice a pocket into the side of the chicken breast lengthwise to create a pocket for stuffing.
- Season the inside and outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet of medium heat, add the oil, onions and proscuitto; saute until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sage and pear, season with a pinch of salt and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Remove from heat. Set aside to cool a few minutes.
- Divide the stuffing and fill each breast with the pear filling and brie. Cut cooking twine and tie the chicken breast closed with 3 pieces for each.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking spray. Carefully sear the outside of the chicken on all sides except where the stuffing is until golden brown.
- Set the chicken cut side up and place the skillet in the oven (if you don't have an oven-proof skillet place in a baking pan). Cover the skillet tightly with foil and cook 23 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, cut each breast in half and serve.