Strawberry Lemon Bars
makes 24 bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Beat in the lemon juice and zest.
- Using a separate bowl whisk the flour and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Using a rubber spatula carefully fold in the diced strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Place a toothpick into the center to see if the bars are done.
- Place onto the counter to cool before adding glaze.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Smooth onto the blondies and allow the glaze to harden before enjoying!