Simple Roasted Golden Beets with Goat Cheese
Beautiful golden beets are roasted whole in the oven, then sliced up and served with goat cheese and fresh parsley. A simple, delicious, and nutritious side dish!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Fill an 8″x8″ ceramic baking dish with 1 inch of water. Set aside.
- Cut off stems and leaves from the beets. Scrub the beets under running water with a clean sponge.
- Pat the beets dry.
- Wrap each beet individually in a square of aluminum foil. Before wrapping them up, add a drizzle of olive oil and a generous pinch of Kosher salt.
- Place the foil wrapped beets in the baking dish with water.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour – 1 hour 20 minutes, until the beets are easily pierced with a fork.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, unwrap them. You can use the foil to rub off the skin. Any remaining skin can be easily removed using a paring knife.
- Slice the beets into thin rounds. Arrange on a serving plate and add the goat cheese, parsley, a glug of olive oil, and a pinch of Kosher salt.