Roasted Artichokes in Herbed Meyer Lemon Oil
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Remove tough outer leaves from the bottom of the artichoke. Trim approximately 1 inch from the top of each artichoke. Trim the tips of each leaf. (Be careful! They can have sharp barbs.) Cut the artichoke in half from top to bottom. Scoop the fuzzy choke from the center of each artichoke.
- In a large bowl, combine juice, herbs, oil, salt.
- Wash and prep the artichokes and place each one into the lemon juice mixture to coat.
- Once all the artichokes are prepped, pour them onto a baking sheet.
- Cover the pan with foil and roast for 15 min.
- Uncover and lower heat to 400 and continue to roast for another 15 min.
- Serve with a creamy aioli, or extra lemon herb oil and a dash of kosher salt.