Rajas Con Crema (Roasted Poblanos in a Creamy Sauce)
The beauty of this dish is that it goes with everything! Serve it as a side dish or main dish. Here are a few ideas for you:
- In a medium saucepan or skillet, add the butter and onions over medium-high heat. Sautee until onion starts to soften. Add the garlic and roasted poblano strips. Cook for two minutes stirring often.
- Add the corn, chicken bullion & black pepper and mix well.
- Lower heat to medium, add the cream cheese and Mexican crema (or your substitute). Mix well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the cream starts to bubble.
- Finally, add the shredded cheese and cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let it sit covered until the cheese has melted. Serve hot or warm.