Passion Fruit Creme Brulee
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl add egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high head add cream, sugar, lilikoi juice, and vanilla extract. Heat for 5-10 minutes or until just starting to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add to the egg mixture stirring constantly to prevent scrambling the eggs.
- Place ramekins into a baking pan and fill will the lilikoi custard. Then fill baking pan with water until the water is about half way up the ramekins.
- Place baking tray in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the outer edge of the custard is just set and the middle is still jiggly.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for about 2 hours.
- Once cooled sprinkle granulated sugar over the tops of all the custards creating a thin layer. You can then torch the custards with a kitchen torch or place in the oven under the broiler on high for 3-5 minutes or until the sugar has melted and turned a dark amber color.
- Allow sugar to harden. ENJOY!