Leek and Celery Soup
- Heat oil in a pot; add garlic, leek and saute until tender.
- Add celery, potatoes and stir to mix.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper, vegetable stock and bring to boil over high. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until all the vegetables are fully tender and soft, about 20 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, discard the bay leaves, add the fresh herbs and wait for them to just wilt.(don’t cook herbs or you lose the vibrant color)
- Using an immersion blender, blend in the same pot. If using a blender, let the vegetable mixer to cool a bit and then blend in two batches until herbs are fully blended to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the soup in the same pot, gently heat and taking care not to over simmer, or you may lose the lovely vibrant color.
- Transfer to bowls. Drizzle with olive oil; garnish with reserved celery leaves and parsley, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or a drizzle of heavy cream.