Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers
- To prepare the meat sauce, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and stir right away so the garlic doesn't burn. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart the meat with a spoon or spatula, until browned.
- Stir in marinara sauce and Italian seasoning. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
- To prepare the peppers, chop off the tops and scoop out the seeds and ribs inside. Slice a tiny layer off the bottoms (without making a hole if possible) so that the peppers are stable standing upright. Place into a medium to large baking dish.
- To assemble, stuff the peppers with 1/4 cup of meat sauce, 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese, and 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the same amounts again, until the peppers are filled to the top, with mozzarella being the top layer.
- Tent aluminum foil over the baking dish, making sure the foil is not touching the cheese. Bake stuffed peppers for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and browned. (If you want extra browning, you can place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes at the end.)