Korean Beef Tacos (Bulgogi)
Fully loaded Korean Beef Tacos with flavorful Beef Bulgogi (a Korean BBQ beef). Don't skip the Sriracha-lime crema taco sauce which takes these over the top!
Beef Bulgogi Marinade Ingredients:
- Thinly slice beef against the grain and place in medium bowl.
- Stir together all marinade ingredients until sugar dissolves, pour over sliced meat and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight for best results. Tip: Let beef stay at room temp 30 min before cooking. Chilled meat will cool a hot pan and make your meat juice out.
- Heat a large, heavy non-stick pan on high heat (no need to add extra oil). It's hot enough when a piece of meat placed in the center has a strong sizzle. Add meat and sauté without stirring for 2-3 min or until lightly browned then stir and continue cooking additional 3-5 min, stirring occasionally or until fully cooked, liquid has evaporated and the sauce has caramelized on the beef.
- Toast tortillas on a hot dry skillet or directly on the grates of your gas stove-top, turning frequently - they cook really fast so don't walk away.
- Stir together all taco sauce ingredients. For easier drizzling, transfer to a ziploc bag and snip off the corner.
- To assemble tacos, place meat over toasted tortillas and cover with generous amount of purple cabbage. Add sprigs of cilantro, diced avocado and drizzle generously with taco sauce. If desired, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice for extra freshness.