Kale Apple Salad with Garbanzo Beans and Walnuts
modified from cubesnjuliennes.com
Apples, creamy garbanzos, crunchy walnuts and nutty ribbons of raw kale are tossed in a sweet maple and apple cider vinaigrette for a tasty salad you won't soon forget. Add Chicken, Shrimp or Fish to make it a full meal.
- Begin with making the salad dressing. In jar or a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Now, close the jar lid and whisk well to form an emulsion. Let the prepared sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Clean, wash and dry the kale. Cut off the thick stem and chop the kale into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, add chopped kale, chickpeas, chopped apple, tomato (or carrots), and walnuts.
- Shake and pour the prepared dressing over the salad and toss well until coated evenly.
- Let the salad sit in the dressing for 15 minutes to develop the better flavor and then serve.
- Add cooked chicken, shrimp of fish to make a full meal.