Honey Baked Asian Pears
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut about 1/2-inch off of the top and bottom of each pear, to create two flat surfaces.
- Peel the pears, cut them in half horizontally, and remove the seeds with a melon baller.
- Place the 4 wonton wrappers on a clean, dry surface and place a pear half on top of each one.
- Sprinkle each half with a pinch of cinnamon and then drizzle each one with about 1 tablespoon of the honey.
- Fold each corner of the wrapper over the top of each pear half, using the honey as "glue." They should be completely sealed.
- Place the 4 wrapped pears on the parchment-covered baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to coat them with the melted butter, and then bake in the preheated 375°F oven until the wrappers are golden and the pears are tender, about 45 minutes. (If any portion of the wonton wrappers seem like they are becoming too dark before the pears are done baking, cover just those areas with small pieces of foil.)
- While the pears are baking, mix the remaining cinnamon and remaining honey with the Mascarpone. Stir until it's a smooth mixture.
- Use a firm, metal spatula to gently remove each pear from the baking sheet.
- Serve the pears warm with the Honey-Cinnamon Mascarpone.