Grilled Shishito Peppers and Chicken Thighs
- First, if using a grill pan, set over stove and turn heat to high (if using a grill just set a pan directly over a high flame).
- Next lightly toss your shishito peppers in a bit of sesame oil (only about a tsp) and toss on grill when ready.
- Char on all sides for about 6-8 minutes and then remove. Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper, set aside.
- Next Take sauce ingredients and whisk together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil and heat up.
- Salt & Pepper both sides of chicken thighs and then add to hot pan (best to arrange thighs in a circle facing the same way so you don’t overcook one side by accident!)
- Let chicken cook, covered, for 6 minutes on one side. Flip chicken over and then add ½ of the sauce.
- Cover and let cook again for an additional 6 minutes. Remove cover and add rest of sauce, wiggling around the chicken to make sure that the bottom is coated. Let chicken continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F) and sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and toss in your shishito peppers & garnish with green onions & black sesame seeds.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or white sushi rice.
- *** You can’t necessarily OVERCOOK your chicken thighs, so if you are hesitant that they aren’t done just slice into one to make sure (if you are without a thermometer) They are very difficult to dry out which is why I LOVE using thighs vs breasts.