Grilled Shiitake Mushrooms on Arugula
- Prepare the seasoning sauce by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, and sugar. Can be prepared up to a week ahead.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Wash the arugula and spin dry. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place them cup side up on a broiling rack.
- Brush the seasoning sauce on the mushroom caps. Position the rack 4-6 inches from the heat and broil until the mushrooms look brown and crusty, 2-3 minutes.
- Immediately place the mushrooms on top of the arugula. Pour the small amount of seasoning sauce that's left in the pan over the arugula.
- Sprinkle with the roasted sesame seeds and serve.