Greek Eggplant and Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, add ½ cup olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and the garlic and stir often, cooking until translucent about 5 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and parsley and stir in. Add a lid, turn the heat to low and simmer while you prepare the vegetables.
- On a bare sheet pan, lay the eggplant slices evenly over the sheet pan and drizzle ¼ cup of the olive oil over the eggplant, brushing them all evenly with the oil. Sprinkle them with kosher salt and bake them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until golden.
- Pull the eggplant off the sheet pan and evenly spread the potato rounds out over the sheet pan and then layer the eggplant over the potatoes. Drizzle the potatoes with remaining ¼ cup olive oil and then sprinkle the potatoes with the dried oregano, salt and pepper. Now generously spoon the sauce over the eggplant rounds.
- Bake everything for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Serve hot or at room temperature.