Ginger-Sesame Chicken with Bok Choy and Mushrooms
- In a medium jar, combine the chicken stock with the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, dissolved cornstarch, rice vinegar, sesame oil and crushed red pepper and shake well.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the canola oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a large plate.
- Add another 2 teaspoons of canola oil to the skillet. Season the chicken breast pieces generously with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until they are golden and just barely cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken pieces to the plate with the mushrooms.
- Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the skillet along with the bok choy and red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the plate.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of canola oil to the skillet along with the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Return the chicken and vegetables to the skillet. Shake the sauce and add it to the skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a bowl and serve.