Easy Chicken Stir Fry with Bok Choy
Ready and on the table in just 30 minutes, this Chicken Stir Fry Recipe is loaded with lean chicken, healthy bok choy, and my favorite go-to stir fry sauce.
- Prepare the chicken - Slice the chicken against the grain into pieces approximately 1/4-inch thick. Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine with the cornstarch and soy sauce. Use your hands to coat the entire surface of the chicken with a thin layer of cornstarch.
- Mix the sauce - Add all ingredients for the sauce (oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, water, honey, white pepper) to a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken - heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces in a single layer and cook for approximately 30 seconds, or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip each piece of chicken over and cook the other side for an additional 20-30 seconds. Immediately remove to a clean plate (the chicken will still be raw in the middle- that’s ok).
- Sauté the aromatics - return the skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the minced garlic, ginger, and half of the green onions to the pan. Mix well to combine and sauté for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Return the chicken - Return the chicken back to the skillet mixing well to combine.
- Add the sauce and bok choy - Give the sauce a final stir and pour directly into the skillet. Stir in the bok choy. Mix well to combine and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened, chicken is cooked through, and bok choy is softened. Nice served with rice. Enjoy!