Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken with Lemon Arugula
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer until it is about ¼ to ½ inch in thickness. Season the chicken well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip each piece of chicken in the beaten egg and then dredge it through the bread crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Place the chicken pieces on the wire rack. Spray each with a mist of olive oil/grapeseed oil/coconut oil (a high-heat oil is best!). Bake the chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, remove it from the oven, gently flip each pieces and mist with spray, then bake for 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Note: The key to crunchy chicken fingers and keeping the breading on the chicken is the wire rack AND the misting spray!
- Place the arugula in a bowl and toss it well with salt and pepper. Squeeze on the juice of 1 lemon and drizzle on 1 tablespoons of olive oil and toss well. You can add more lemon juice/oil if you wish – go by your preference!
- Add in the shaved parmesan and toss well. Serve immediately with the chicken.