Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Roma Tomatoes
Rich and decadent creamy Cajun shrimp pasta. Linguine swirled around a spicy Cajun sauce, seasoned shrimp and tomatoes, topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Dry the cleaned shrimp with a paper towel, season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- Cook the linguine per package instruction and set aside
- Heat a large pan over medium heat
- Add the oil and butter
- Add the shrimp in an even layer followed by the minced garlic, turning after 2 minutes cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until pink and cooked through
- Add to the pan the half and half and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Bring to a low boil, while whisking constantly for 2 minutes
- Turn heat off
- Add the pasta
- Add the diced tomato, chopped parsley and the remaining ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- Squeeze on the lemon juice, this step is optional because adding lemon juice to dairy can be tricky, it has the chance of curdling your sauce, but if you do it with the heat off you have a better chance of it not happening and the taste is amazing
- Stir to combine, it will continue to thicken as it continues to cool down
- If the sauce is clumpy, add another splash of half and half it will get creamy!
- If the sauce seems a bit curdled, don't panic! Continue preparing, making sure heat is on low. Add another splash or so of half and half, stir, and it will get nice and creamy.
If it's not spicy enough, add more Cajun seasoning!