Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Potato Bake
adapted from drizzlemeskinny.com
- Preheat oven to 450F, toss the sliced potatoes with oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet, I lined with some parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- If you have not cooked the chicken yet you can do so at the same time, although not at that temperature in the oven, you can cook on the stove in a frying pan or in the air fryer *My chicken was pre-cooked in the oven before the potatoes
- Once the potatoes are done lower oven temp to 350F, you can now make the cheese sauce, in a large pan on the stove melt the butter over medium heat, add in the diced garlic, once the butter is melted add in the flour, it will form a paste. slowly whisk in the milk until it has all blended with the paste.
- Cook over medium-low heat, it will start to thicken, add in 1 cup of shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese *leave 1 Tbsp aside for topping. Stir sauce for 3-5 minutes until all cheese has melted. Turn stovetop off and then add in the chicken and broccoli, gently stir then add in the potatoes and stir again.
- Transfer to a 9x13 sprayed casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, check the potatoes are cooked through, some ovens vary and may require a few extra minutes for the potatoes.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge and this dish will freeze well.