Braised Chard with Walla Walla Onions
- Remove the skin from the onion. Slice in half and then into half moon slices
- Using a Dutch oven or large skillet heat oil over medium heat add the olive & butter to the pan. When melty and hot, add the onions.
- While the onions are cooking prepare the chard. Start by rinsing them well under cold water to remove all the grit.
- Slice off just the ends of the stalks of chard and discard. Slice and dice the rest of the stalk and the red and green leaves. Add to the pot with the onions and add all of the seasonings. Give it a good stir.
- Now mince the garlic cloves. You'll need three tablespoons. When minced, into the pot it goes with everything else. Give a good stir, reduce heat to medium-low, cover tightly and simmer for twenty minutes, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes.