Blistered Shishito Peppers with the Best Dip
This restaurant-style appetizer takes just a few minutes to make at home, and the results are amazing. Serve blistered shishito peppers with a garlicky aioli for dipping.Ingredients Shishito Peppers
- Rinse peppers and dry thoroughly with paper towels. In a mixing bowl, toss the peppers together with the oil.
- Heat a large 12” cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Let it heat for about 2 minutes or until the pan is hot and just starting to smoke. Carefully add peppers in a single layer and let them sear until blistered and browned on the first side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the peppers over with tongs and let them sear on the second side until blistered, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle to taste with salt and grate lemon zest over the top. Serve with aioli dipping sauce if desired.*
- Notes* How to Make Aioli Sauce: If you want to serve zest over the shishito peppers, make sure to zest the lemon before juicing it and set the zest aside. In a small bowl, combine all aioli sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside to let the flavors meld while you make the shishito peppers.