Beet Salad with Avocado and Feta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the beets clean and trim the stem and root ends.
- Place 2-3 beets of the same color on a large sheet of foil. Wrap the beets tightly in foil. Repeat with any remaining beets. Be sure to separate the red beets from the yellow beets. Can use all one color beets.
- Place the foil wrapped beets on a sheet pan. Bake for 1 hour or until beets are tender.
- Unwrap the beets and let them cool for 10-15 minutes. Use a paper towel to gently rub the skins off the beets.
- Cut the beets into 1 inch pieces. Cool the beets completely.
- Place the mixed greens, beets, avocado, feta cheese and pecans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beet mixture, gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.