BBQ Braised Cabbage w/ Bacon
makes 7 cups
Talk about flavor! This easy BBQ braised cabbage with bacon is bursting with it. Whether you serve it as a side next time you barbecue or pile it on a pulled pork sandwich or burger for flare, you won't regret it.
- Heat a Dutch oven or large sauté pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crispy. Transfer using a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined surface.
- Add the onions and garlic to the Dutch oven/sauté pan and sauté for 2-4 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the cabbage and sauté another five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth, bacon, barbecue sauce, and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until cabbage has softened and most of the liquid has mostly evaporated. Serve warm.