Arugula Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese and Basil
adapted from the brookcook.com
- In a small sauté pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat, tossing often, until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. (I used a small cast iron skillet.) Remove from the heat.
- In a small liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. (I used 4 T olive oil and 2 T vinegar but used about half of the dressing on the salad and reserved the remaining dressing.)
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl. Pour just enough dressing over the greens to moisten, and toss to coat.
- Add the peaches (or nectaplums), basil, goat cheese and toasted pine nuts and toss to coat.
- Toss gently and serve immediately.