30 Minute Indian Coconut Butter Cauliflower
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon grated ginger, and a bit of salt.
- Stir to combine and let marinate for 10 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Spread the florets in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and broil for 3-4 minutes, until the edges of the florets just start to char.
- In the meantime, place a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic and ginger and cook stirring for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne, lime zest, and lime juice, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Next, add the tomato paste and the remaining 2 cups of coconut milk. Stir to combine, and bring the sauce to a boil, cook for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to thicken. Stir in coconut oil.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more coconut milk a little at a time.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pan, including the juices from the baking sheet. Toss gently to combine and cook, stirring until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve over rice with fresh warm garlic naan on the side.