Sungold Tomato and Zucchini Pasta
- Halve and slice the zucchini into half-moon pieces, as thin as possible. Halve the sungold tomatoes and thinly slice the garlic.
- Place a large pot of water on one burner and a high-sided sauté pan on a burner next to it. Bring the large pot of water to a boil. Set the pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the zucchini and sungold tomatoes to the pan and season with a few generous pinches of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-9 minutes or until the tomatoes are burst and the zucchini is melty.
- Generously salt the boiling water and add in the pasta. Boil for 6-7 minutes or until al dente.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan with the zucchini and cook another 2-3 minutes. Pour in the wine and stir, letting the wine simmer and reduce for another 3-4 minutes. Taste and season with salt as preferred.
- Tear the fresh basil into the pan and give a few stirs.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked pasta into the pan, add a splash of the cream or coconut milk and a splash of salted pasta water. Stir to combine, alternating adding more pours of cream and pasta water until you get your desired level of creaminess. Portion into four bowls and top with parmesan cheese and black pepper, if preferred.