Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Frittata
This sweet potato kale frittata is a quick and easy healthy meal that can be whipped up in less than 35 minutes and served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Roast sweet potatoes: Spread chopped sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon of oil. Toss and then roast for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté veggies: In the meantime, melt remaining 2 teaspoons oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the kale and thyme cook for another minute, until kale has just wilted. Remove from heat and add roasted sweet potatoes once they’re done.
- Beat eggs: Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the salt and beat well with a fork.
- Add to skillet: Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and use the fork to press the vegetables down into the egg mixture so that the eggs cover the veggies completely. Crumble the goat cheese over the top, then place the pan in the oven and bake until the center is set and lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve: Cut into wedges and serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh thyme. I also like adding a drizzle of hot sauce on top!
- Store: Frittata will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.