Roasted Golden Beet and Carrot Dip
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Quarter the beets, halve the carrots, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet, and slide into the oven. Roast 25 – 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and edges are a light golden brown, flipping vegetables halfway through.
- Meanwhile, set out a 10-inch rectangle of foil. Set the head of garlic in the center, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Wrap the foil packet tightly around the garlic, set in a small ovenproof baking dish, and roast for about 15 minutes, or until cloves are soft and cooked through. Carefully open the foil packet and set garlic aside until cool enough to handle. Squeeze the soft cloves out of the papery skin and set aside.
- Place the roasted beets, carrots, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until broken down a bit. Then, with food processor running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil, honey, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, cumin, coriander, and paprika. Spoon into a serving bowl, stir in lime juice, and adjust salt levels as needed.
- Top dip with minced herbs and crumbled feta. Serve with pita or naan triangles, or flatbreads.