Rainbow Carrots with Balsamic and Thyme on Baked Ricotta
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a rimmed baking sheet add carrots, toss and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and a generous amount of thyme, fresh or dried.
- Roast til tender with still a little bite, not mushy.
- Remove and drizzle with balsamic glaze while still warm, set aside.
- Lower oven temp to 375 degrees.
- Olive oil a low profile baking dish something that will showcase the length of the carrots, I used a gratin dish.
- In a small bowl add the ricotta, garlic, egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, mixing well by hand incorporating everything.
- Spread ricotta mixture onto your oiled gratin dish then bake for around 20 minutes until you see a light golden brown all around.
- Place cooked carrots on top adding a little more olive oil and balsamic glaze before serving.