yields 10 small fritters
These delicious carrot fritters are baked instead of fried and they make a light and healthy vegetarian meal. Serve with a last-minute yogurt-hummus dip! The quantities yield to 10 small portions, enough for 2 people.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (fan forced) and grease or line with parchment paper a baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix well all the ingredients until combined. You want to drain the grated carrots removing the excess moisture. You might add a bit more flour if the mixture is still wet.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the mixture, place it on the baking pan and flatten slightly with your hand.
- Bake the fritters for about 12 minutes, then turn them over and keep baking for a further 12 minutes or until golden and crispy. Check your oven, the baking time might be slightly different.
- Make a super easy yogurt-hummus dip simply mixing plain yogurt, hummus and lemon juice.