15-minute Purple Cabbage Chicken Lo Mein
- Prepare your vegetables: thinly slice or shred cabbage, peel and slice onion, cut carrots into thin strips or grate.
- Toast your nuts: heat a pan to medium, then add assorted seeds and nuts and dry toast until golden brown, stirring regularly. Remove from pan and set aside to cool down.
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. I cooked mine in salted water for about 3-4 minutes, then drained and set aside to cool.
- Prepare your chicken (or tofu) - cut chicken breast into strips, season with salt, pepper, red paprika and garlic powder. Heat a large skillet or wok, add about 1 tbs vegetable oil and toss in the hot pan, stir-fry until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add another tbs of oil if needed, and then add sliced onions and carrots to the pan. Stir fry for a couple of minutes, until fork-tender, scrapping the bottom as you cook to loosen the browned bits up. Add the cooked noodles, shredded purple cabbage, cooked chicken and a drizzle of soy sauce, then toss around in the pan to combine. Add more sauce if needed and give it a taste. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of toasted nuts.