Zucchini Fettuccine with Kale
For the Zucchini Fettuccine:
- Place the zucchini ribbons into a colander, add salt and let it drain for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot put some water and, using a steam basket, steam the kale for 5 minutes. Take it out and let it cool. Once cooled, chop it into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and cook until they are fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the yellow pepper and garlic. Stirring frequently, cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add the zucchinis, mix and cook for 5-6 minutes. As they cook, they will soften and will start looking like noodles. Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped kale, scallions, and walnuts in the mixing bowl.
- To make the dressing: Mix vegenaise and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season it with salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- Drizzle the zucchini and kale mixture with the dressing. Give it a gentle mix.
- If using, when ready to serve sprinkle it with a tablespoon of hemp seeds.
- Serve immediately.