Zesty Brussel Sprouts and Collard Greens Sate
Serves 3-4 (side dish)
- To soften the greens and Brussels sprouts, ﬁrst steam them in 1 cup of water in a covered pan, until tender (6-8 minutes).
- Drain water from pan, move Brussels sprouts and collards into a covered bowl.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in the pan.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mustard and oregano.
- Add collards and Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss with spoon, to coat.
- Add a pinch of salt along with the pecans, and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, roughly stirring once per minute so that the onions, garlic, mustard, and pecans cover all the vegetables.