Vegetarian Collard Green Soup
Yields 14 cups (serves 2-4 people)
- Prep the veggies and greens.
- Add the oil to a large, lidded cooking pot.
- Add the paprika, chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Raise the heat to medium.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery. Saute about 10 minutes.
- Add the water, tomatoes, paste, tamari or soy sauce, lemon juice, herb seasoning, sweetener, garlic granules, salt, pepper and lentils. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the collard greens.
- Raise the heat to medium high. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the quinoa.
- Simmer another 15-20 minutes