Tuscan Kale Soup
A simple recipe for a hearty vegetarian Tuscan kale soup. Use it as a delicious base recipe or add on with beans and/or sausage.
- Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onions, carrots, celery, herbs, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and sauté for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the tomatoes and broth into the pot then add the rice. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add the kale to the pot. Stir and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and serve while hot.