Tomato and Avocado Salad with Reduced Balsamic
Quick summer salad. A new take on classic Caprese Salad
- In a small saucepan, add balsamic vinegar and turn heat to medium low. Stir occasionally. Cook until reduced by half and vinegar coats the back of a spoon. Take off of heat.
- Slice tomato and avocado and layer alternating tomato and avocado slices.
- Chop red onion and crumble goat cheese.
- Right before serving, top the tomato and avocado slices with the reduced balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle red onion and goat cheese over top.
- Julianne (cut into ribbons) 4-5 leaves of basil and sprinkle over the top.