Thai Beef Stir Fry with Basil and Bok Choy
Servings: 2 side dish servings
- Slice the beef against the grain and marinate for 20-30 mins with ingredient under "beef marinade".
- Pound up a roughly chopped red chilli pepper + 1 minced garlic and ½ tbsp ginger in a mortar and pestle with a pinch of salt to bring out the flavor. (alt. use a food processor).
- Set aside stir fry sauce combo - fish sauce, coconut aminos, and black pepper.
- Heat a saute pan over high heat with 1 tbsp coconut oil. When the oil is hot, add the ingredients from the mortar (garlic, ginger, and red chilli) *your house should smell amazing now but be careful the splatter. :).
- Add beef and continue to stir fry until the beef is slightly cooked. Add the "stir-fry sauce combo" & continue to stir fry until the beef is almost cooked.
- Add veggies (bok choy and bell pepper) & stir fry for another 2-3 mins. Add basil leaves and the white part of the scallions and stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Scoop out the ingredients into a large serving bowl/dish and leave the remaining liquid in the saute pan. Reduce the liquid over medium-high heat until the liquid is thickened.
- Pour the reduced sauce over the beef and veggies. Give it a gentle toss. Garnish with the green part of the scallions and more basil leaves if desired. Serve hot.