Summery Shrimp and Green Bean Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Whisk together the vinegar, shallot, 1/3 cup of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Cook the green beans in the boiling water until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a colander with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Add them to the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool; add to the bowl.
- Add the shrimp, chives and tomatoes to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. The pasta salad is best if served right away.