Summer Squash and Tomatoes with Basil
- Clean squash, quarter and slice into 1/4" thick pieces.
- Cut tomatoes into bite sized pieces, removing any hard white cores. You do not have to remove the seeds unless you are using large beefsteak type tomatoes.
- To chiffonade the basil leaves, lay the leaves flat in a pile, roll them from top to bottom and then thinly slice across the "roll".
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot add oil, squash and 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt along with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes until squash are beginning to look translucent and fork tender.
- Add tomatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil, adjust salt and pepper to taste, serve immediately and Enjoy!