Summer Kale Salad
Serves 2 as an entrée, 4 as a side
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, mustard, honey, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Be generous with your seasoning!)
- Use your hands to massage the kale with the dressing for a solid 3 minutes until the kale has softened slightly. When I say “massage” I literally mean massage, people. Take handfuls of kale and rub them between your hands. It’s kinda weird and gross, but it will be worth it. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Set your kale aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the kale is marinating, toast your pine nuts. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. (Do not put any oil in the pan!) When hot, add the pine nuts. Toast for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan periodically, until the nuts are golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the pan and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the red onion, avocado, half of the strawberries, and half of the pinenuts to the marinated kale.
- Gently toss and transfer the salad to a serving dish or individual plates.
- Top with the remaining pine nuts and strawberries, sprinkle with goat cheese, and serve.