Spinach, Heirloom Tomato and Crumbled Tofu Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing
for the dressing
- Slice the top of each head of garlic, and peel off just the extra skin. Keep the garlic pod intact. Place garlic pods on a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap tightly. Roast in a 200 degree celsius oven for 40-45 mins.
- To make the dressing, squeeze out the roasted garlic (by now the garlic should be like a paste) in a blender. Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper. Blend everything on high for 2 minutes till the garlic is sufficiently minced and the dressing emulsifies.
- Crumble the tofu cubes till they resemble crumbled cheese.
- To assemble the salad, add baby spinach, heirloom tomatoes and crumbled tofu in a bowl and drizzle with dressing. Adjust the amount of dressing as per taste, but personally, I don’t like to drown my salad in dressing. Serve immediately.
- If preparing for later, assemble everything and place in the fridge. Add the dressing just before serving or the salad will get soggy.