Spinach and Garlic Potato Patties
Servings: 20 Patties
- Combine prepared potatoes and milk in a large mixing bowl; using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add spinach and garlic to skillet; season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and add spinach mixture to the potatoes.
- Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
- Add egg and panko/bread crumbs; stir until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Shape the mixture into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Working in batches, fry each patty on both sides until golden brown; about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer potato patties to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Serve with yogurt, sour cream, soy sauce, etc...