Spicy Three Meat Banana Pepper Meatballs
Yields 30 meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl add the milk and bread. Press the bread down to ensure all of the pieces are wet. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the pork, beef, sausage, chopped banana peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, tomato puree, eggs, cheese and milk/bread mixture. Gently mix just to combine. The mixture should be wet but hold a shape
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray. Scoop enough meat mixture to form a 2” round ball. Place the meatballs on the pan and repeat until all of the meatballs are formed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165F. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before plating.
- Serve this with Marinara Sauce and a side of pasta or as a hot meatball sub! See notes on how to make this a meatball casserole
To make a meatball casserole I baked the meatballs then added about 1 1/2 cups of warmed Marinara Sauce to the bottom of a baking dish, added my cooked meatballs then covered. Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover and add a cup of shredded mozzarella and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.