Spaghetti Squash with Kale & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Rub the inside with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then, poke a few holes in the skin of the squash with a fork or knife and place it cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for about 40 minutes or until the flesh is tender and you can scrape the noodle-like strands away from the skin with a fork. (If your squash is difficult to cut, roast it whole for the first 15 minutes until it softens a bit, then cut and continue).
- If you’re using dried sundried tomatoes, put into a bowl with boiling water. Let sit until soft at least 15 minutes.
- Remove squash from the oven, let it cool slightly and use a fork to scrape the squash into strands. You should have about 4-5 cups, set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil on medium-low. Add shallots, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Sauté on medium low until the shallots are soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves and saute 2-3 minutes until kale begins to soften.
- Add the squash ‘noodles’ and stir to combine evenly.
- Sauté until kale is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme.
- Taste for additional salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, top with toasted pine nuts and serve.