Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas & Kale
Serves: 2-3 as main dish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare your squash following the directions in this post.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan, then add the shallot, garlic, rosemary, chile flakes, salt and pepper. (I added my garlic clove whole and removed it later).
- Once the shallot starts to soften, add the chickpeas and cook for a few minutes until they turn lightly golden brown. (If using roasted chickpeas, add them at the end of this recipe instead). Remove the garlic clove, and add the kale leaves, lemon juice, and then give everything in the pan a good stir.
- Once the kale is partially wilted, add the squash strands, a little grated cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and more salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to incorporate. Remove from heat and top with toasted pine nuts and extra grated cheese.