Skillet Pork Chops with Grapes and Caramelized Shallots
- BRINE PORK CHOPS: In large measuring cup combine water and salt, and let mixture sit 5 minutes, or until the salt dissolves. Place pork chops in 9x13-inch dish and pour brine over chops. Cover and chill for 30 minutes (up to 3 hours).
- CARAMELIZE SHALLOTS: While the chops brine, heat butter in cast-iron skillet or another heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat. Once butter has melted, add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until deeply golden and caramelized, about 20-25 minutes. Remove shallots from skillet, and set aside.
- COOK PORK CHOPS: Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Turn the heat up to medium-high and preheat skillet.
- Take pork chops out of brine, and pat dry and rub both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops in preheated pan (depending on pan size, you may need to work in batches) and cook until chops are golden, about 2-4 minutes. Turn chops over, and cook until golden again, about another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove chops from pan, and turn heat down to medium-low. Add Holland House Red Cooking Wine, chicken broth, and caramelized shallots and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Nestle pork chops into liquid, and bake skillet for 15 minutes. Add grapes to skillet and bake another 5 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over pork chops and serve.