Shrimp and Shishito Pepper Stir Fry
- Heat a wok over high heat until smoking and add the canola oil.
- Add the salt and let it dissolve in the hot oil.
- Add the garlic and red chile and toss for a few seconds.
- Add the shishito peppers, toss for 30 seconds until they are seared on the outside and beginning to soften, then stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the cooked shrimp and toss for less than 1 minute (or cook raw shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on their size).
- Season with the mirin, the light soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar.
- Transfer to serving plates and serve on its own as an appetizer, or with jasmine rice as a main meal.